- Use the common wealth to create more common wealth...
- Look for ways to connect consumers together to create new expertise resources
- Stop blaming central govt and just get on with taking radical action locally
- Break accountability 'rules' and give authority to the point of service delivery
- Lead so that you enable risk taking, not to close it down
- Get everyone in one room so that professionals can 'hear' the voices of consumers directly!
- Think of doing more with more (not less) - but redefine what you count as your resources
- Create a culture where structure & passion coexist sublimely to achieve real results
21 June 2010
Radical Efficiency: Different, better, lower cost public services
Went to a fabulous session this morning which launched a new report from NESTA about 'radical efficiency' and how to make it work. The point was well made that delivering public services in a radically different way is no longer just very important or even critical - it is an imperative! Here is a link to their excellent report:
The launch had some excellent presentations and questions - which prompted lots of ideas in my head about how to make effective and efficient innovation happen. I will write more later - but here is quick summary which I have already tweeted (of course!):