24 March 2009

No longer...


As mentioned before, I have been receiving a number of emails in response to my enquiries for examples to put on this blog. I am very happy with the responses so far - it is clear that innovation and a creative spirit is thriving in many public service organisations. Ideas for improvement are bubbling up and being taken forward by the people who can.

But just occasionally I get an email which deflates me a little (although for the record I soon bounce back). I have had one or two which have said something like the "Council no longer runs a Staff Suggestion scheme". My reaction is twofold:
  • How come - what happened to the previous one? What went wrong - could nothing be done to keep it alive?
  • And from where does the council now expect the ideas to emerge?
It is interesting to contrast this with examples below (and soon) above this posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment